ASP Hosting sale!
Double disk space and transfer for FREE!
Limited time offer! Act Now!

aspdev | articles | tutorials | forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What code do you know best?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ASPdev.org Forum Index -> JavaScript / DHTML / HTML / CSS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: What code do you know best? Reply with quote

I personally know HTML best, and a little bit of PHP and basic, and scattered bits of others. I know a fair amount of HTML so that's my best code, but I don't know very much of the others.
Missie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know much of any except HTML. Me and my friend learned it together, but I still have problems sometimes when I am coding a site. Smile I am hoping to get better soon. Smile I have been studying it a lot of late. Smile
Stitch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about CSS. I would probably put my knowledge of that right behind just html or xhtml.
Piggy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know HTML/CSS Like I know the English language. It comes to me naturally and once you get the hang of it it's sooooo simple. Javascript however is another thing I used to know it very well but it's not an in demand coding job, so i've forgotten.
Stitch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piggy wrote:
I know HTML/CSS Like I know the English language. It comes to me naturally and once you get the hang of it it's sooooo simple. Javascript however is another thing I used to know it very well but it's not an in demand coding job, so i've forgotten.

So you code tableless then? I find it decently easy, but that language changes over time as newer versions come out, and I'm always learning different ways of incorperating css into my web designs.
Don

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know HTML, CSS and ASP. Also a little SQL Smile

Don
Stitch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don wrote:
I know HTML, CSS and ASP. Also a little SQL Smile

Don

Yeah, SQL seems like a language I should learn. That will be my next project. Smile
Piggy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stitch wrote:

So you code tableless then? I find it decently easy, but that language changes over time as newer versions come out, and I'm always learning different ways of incorperating css into my web designs.

some things change but its basically the same. I use php also to help so i don't have to go to each file and change manually or something like that Smile for my menu i use an external style sheet and i use php include. So i can change my menu on all my pages with the editing of 1 file. Or i can change the style of my menu with 1 file Smile. Cascading over 10-20 pages of work.
Stitch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a little patchy with CSS, so I'm going to take an advanced webdesign class at a local college. I hope that will help me, as I find it hard to read too many tutorials and such.
twinkle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not even sure how I would determine what I know the best. I used to be very much intro programming when I was younger and spent a lot of time at it. Now I just do it because I have to in some cases. I went for years and never programmed in any languages. (Those were the days!)

I guess right now it is PHP for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ASPdev.org Forum Index -> JavaScript / DHTML / HTML / CSS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: