ASP Hosting sale!
Double disk space and transfer for FREE!
Limited time offer! Act Now!

aspdev | articles | tutorials | forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web Matrix for development

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ASPdev.org Forum Index -> .NET Programming (ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Web Matrix for development Reply with quote

I often use Web Matrix to develop asp.net applications.
I like it of course because it's free, but it is also easier to use than VS.Net in some ways, as there is less functionality.

For big applications I still use VS.Net but Web Matrix certainly has its place.
jon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WebMatrix is not bad for a free development tool. I've used it in the past and it's very practical as it comes with its own testing web server.

Jon
raven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have access to vs.net why are you using web matrix? I am not familar with web matrix, but if it doesn't do as much as vs.net and you have it, I am not clear why you would trade off from one to another.
Kurtis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven wrote:
If you have access to vs.net why are you using web matrix? I am not familar with web matrix, but if it doesn't do as much as vs.net and you have it, I am not clear why you would trade off from one to another.

Why not?
There is no harm in learning different software tools, who knows when you might need it.

Also not everyone has access to VS.Net at all times, so having a back up development method is a great idea.
Don

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, that is better to learn as much as you can, even if it is a free tool like WebMatrix. You never know when you might need it.

Don
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don wrote:
I agree, that is better to learn as much as you can, even if it is a free tool like WebMatrix. You never know when you might need it.
Don

Razz
I was stuck at a friends house once and desperately had to change something on a website for a client.
He didnt have VS.net of course, so luckily i was able to quickly download Webmatrix and install it on his computer.
So yes, it can save you sometimes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ASPdev.org Forum Index -> .NET Programming (ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: